Thursday, 3 April 2014

Animals in Anguish Update

For my final project, I have been working on my Animals in Anguish posters. I am thinking that for my final show I want to showcase a few posters petitioning against cruelty to animals. I have a poster I am currently working on which will be an illustrative conveyor belt, going down the page, with chickens getting turned into meat products. It will exaggerate the processes of the production line, and be slightly humorous, but at the same time, sticking to the point that they start off as chickens and end up at the end as meat products.

Another poster I am working on is a series of character models which are humanoid animals. Combining the things which we overlook happening to animals and reiterating them as humans, where we would be very disturbed to find someone 'processed' in the same way. One character is a man on a plate, with legs sticking out, just as a chicken is presented at a classic dinner table. Another is the man with antlers, who has fur and antlers, appearing to be some sort of moose character with his tie being his red tongue. This is stressing a point that he is wearing the animal, we don't think about how our clothes are made, but we are technically wearing an animal, almost like you skinned them yourself without thought to how these are actually obtained. Ethically?

I am still working on some different ideas but they are all sketchbook work for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment